Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2018

Then; Now;


Things on my mind when I was young:


Will they take me to a movie?

If they do, will I get some snacks during the interval?

Will I get to play in the evening?

Can I play all through the weekends?

Will there be something other than rice and rasam in the lunchbox?

Is scoring 85% enough?

Will there be equal distribution of crackers during Diwali?

Will I have a shirt that looks different than that of my brother(s) for Diwali?

Will we go someplace other than the temples for our holidays?

Will there be a hotel stop when we travel or will it be the packed food from home?
(for some reasons we never mentioned a restaurant, we always went to a hotel to eat)

Will I ever grow bigger than my brothers to stop the hand-me-down clothes?

Will my mother stop making eggplant / beetroot / bitter gourd?

When will I get my bicycle?

Will India beat Pakistan in Cricket?

Should I become an engineer or a doctor?

Will the Sindbad comic strip ever end? (19686th strip, already a good 53+ years)


When is the next John Grisham novel?

Should I marry before 30 or after?

Things on the minds of the young today


Why the far right is winning the elections?

#MeToo

Trump’s Tariff war

China’s dominance

Immigration policies

Is a choir boy safe inside the Catholic church?

Rise of hardline Hinduism

Plastic bags impact on environment

Ghettoization of the forced immigrants

At what age should I start learning to code

How can my parents NOT react to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

When is Yuval Noah Harari’s next book?

Garbage segregation

Recycling

Should I marry, at all?

If I marry, give birth or adopt!

Only common thing

  
       My parents know nothing!









No comments:

Post a Comment