Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

EGO



The shadow

Was not there in the twilight hours before the dawn
It grew longer in the morning
Trampled beneath my feet at noon
Grew again in the afternoon
And vanished in the night.

Same with one’s ego, I believe.

Not there in the early years
So centric to one’s existence in the youth (morning)
Vanishes with maturity in the middle age (noon)
Grows again in old age (evening)
Where one tends to exaggerate one’s achievements
By belittling the youth!
And dies, only when you do
Just like the shadow in the night!

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps ego was all through. When one is closest to the gnana or light(@ noon) one realises that no shadow or ego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ego, you made me what I am today. But I discarded you time to time as you tried to grow taller like the morning or evening shadows before you could manage a secure anchorage in me. But I still contain you !

    ReplyDelete