Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Se7en

I wrote 7 short stories in almost one sitting!

1.  Love

They loved each other.

So, they did not marry each other.

They did not marry anyone else either.

They lived happily ever after.

Footnote: The families of Meenakshi and Magdalene lived happily too.

 

2.  Judiciary

We are short of wood

For the fireplace

Complained the wife.

Here burn this

Said the Judge and gave her the constitution

 

3.  Test

Examiner and I

Give me a three-letter word for hope

Love

Give me a five-letter word for trust

Love

Give me a six-letter word for future

Love

You fail the test

I know, but you will fail in life!

 

4.  Janus

Agenda for the day

Morning – preside over inter-caste marriage

Afternoon – Dalit upliftment lecture

Evening – all religion prayer

Night – feed the daughter who is locked in.

 

5.  Pet

Ah! The stress of keeping a pet!

Had to wake him early in the morning.

Give him the feeling of leading the way

Repeat the same late in the night

 

 

It is tough being a dog!

 

6.  Dignity / Humanity

Will you buy this book from me?

I need the money to feed my family

Said the desperate professor.

I would love to read this again

Bought the illiterate man!

 

 

7.  Care

Am new to town

And its language

Was taught by my friend to say

You look wonderful

May I take you to dinner

My 80-year-old neighbor will get from me

Today, what he deserves from his son

But did not get.


Interestingly, I penned it as a thread on Twitter, and it looks like it will lead to another 7 stories by one of my friends as well as two-authors writing one paragraph each to try out a story too. Keep watching here

The twitter thread



  


Pic Courtesy: The Business Journals

13 comments:

  1. Story number six reminded me the male chemistry professor and females maths gold medalist wife, but no use of education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 n # 5 my fav.
    All are good
    But these two are first two among equals..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brevity thy meaning is strumming all the chords of the heart ably by Krishnamoorthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The look-same as the other scripts
    The smell-new,like from an organic lab
    The taste-different,hope embedded
    The feel-content,excited,brave,warm,grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. The look-same as the other scripts
    The smell-new,like from an organic lab
    The taste-different,hope embedded
    The feel-content,excited,brave,warm,grace

    ReplyDelete