Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2023

Children Of War

How do I play with soap bubbles

When the buildings are rubble


How can I soar on the swing

When my eyes sting


My console is broken but

The games are live


The scenes are black and white

But the blood is red


I lost my markers to proceed

To the playground


A level playing field has a

Literal meaning now


There is no one to stop me from

Going to the ground

They are all gone!


Even if I make it to the playground

Who do I play with

They are all gone too!


I have read that people go to

Lonely places seeking solitude

I am now willing to trade anything

For some company


This solitude is unbearable

The silence deafening

 

I used to curse the smog

I will trade it now for this smoke

Could someone rewind the clock

And take me back to the age of foraging


The predators of the past are

An upgrade to the present ones!


Pic Credit: The Sun, NewYork

No comments:

Post a Comment